Rick Bozich of the Louisville Courier-Journal has an interesting take on the Dominique Ferguson situation and I'll admit that I tend to agree with him. Bozich feels that Kentucky and Indiana should count their blessings that neither ended up with the 2010 recruit. Here is Bozich's article:
UK, IU better off without Dominique Ferguson
Florida International played its last home basketball game on Feb. 28, 2009 against rival Florida Atlantic. The game is FIU's version of the UK-U of L game. A robust crowd of 926 people packed the place to watch the rivalry.
Of course that was about 300 more fans than FIU attracted for a home game with Middle Tennessee two nights earlier.For the season, FIU's average home crowd was 681. Total home attendance: 11,571.
Less than one home game at either Kentucky or Indiana.
Yet, this is the place that just received an oral commitment from Dominique Ferguson, the Top 20 recruit who played at Lawrence North High School in suburban Indianapolis last season.
Nothing smelly about that, is there?
The only thing FIU hoops has going for it is the luminous smile of its head coach -- Isiah Thomas, a guy who didn't leave many people smiling with the New York Knicks, Indiana Pacers, Toronto Raptors and Continental Basketball Association.
Now Thomas is coaching FIU and he's landed Ferguson, who had committed to UK and Billy Gillispie last season.
I'll say this: Both Kentucky and Indiana should be high-fiving the news that Ferguson has taken his career to die in suburban Miami. His decisions to A) leave Lawrence North and B) play for FIU say this is not a kid with an appreciation for the local basketball culture and traditions. Ferguson has an appreciation for Ferguson.FIU fans will discover that soon.
All 681 of them.
My Thoughts: I'm going to have to agree with Bozich - something just doesn't smell right about this whole situation.
- ► 2014 (1602)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
08/09 - 08/16
- The Rick Pitino Scandal Continues to Impress
- Ex-Wildcat A.J. Stewart to Texas State
- Rumor: New Assistant at Campbellsville
- Rwanda Captures 9th Place at AFROBASKET 2009
- Samford Says Thanks But No Thanks To Pitino
- Ex-WKU Guard Tyrone Brazelton Signs Deal in Poland...
- Adam Delph on his transfer to Asbury College
- Morehead State: Tyndall Speaks About Jamel Marshal...
- Sypher: "My Husband Was Paid to Marry Me"
- John Clay Chats About His Job, UK and Calipari
- Is Pitino Ready for Life on the Road?
- U of L President: Pitino is "Our Guy"
- Josh Selby is Checking Out Connecticut
- Rwanda Continues Nice Play; Defeats Libya
- Jamel Marshall: Isiah's Loss is Morehead State's G...
- Pikeville College Adds Trevor Setty
- Western Kentucky Gearing Up for NIT Season Tip-Off...
- Jeremy Tyler's Price for Skipping High School and ...
- Rupp Arena Conquers "Arena Wars" Battle
- Superior Hoops: Basketball Equipment Discounts Off...
- Even John Calipari Discovers Bad Real Estate Marke...
- Mark Halsell to NAIA's Park University
- Rick Pitino: "I want to apologize..."
- More Shocking Details Involving Rick Pitino
- Louisville AD to Issue Statement on Rick Pitino
- Adam Delph transferring to Asbury
- Hold the Sauce: Ugly Details Emerge in Pitino Scan...
- Butler Ends Tour With Huge Win; Mack Scores 13
- Matt Miller, Rwanda Get the Win but Miss Quarterfi...
- Pikeville College Special Announcement
- Joe Jackson Trims List to 3: UK Doesn't Make Cut
- Ex-Wildcat Legend Kyle Macy: A Tennis Pro?
- Mack, Butler Destroy Opponent in Rome
- Rakeem Christmas Trims List to Eight; No UK
- Matt Miller Continues to Shine for Rwanda
- Dakotah Euton Picks Up Offer from Morehead State
- What Happened to Daniel Orton's Elbow?
- Bowling Green's Chane Behanan Re-Opens Recruitment...
- Cats Should Count Their Blessings on Dominique Fer...
- SportingNews.com: Wall Could Start in NBA Tomorrow...
- Preparing Calipari for Rupp: UK Pep Band Surrounds...
- Tobias Harris Leaning to Georgia Tech?
- Former Geogetown Tiger Having Successful Pro Caree...
- The Swiss Handle Butler Again; Mack Scores 16
- ▼ 08/09 - 08/16 (44)