Kentucky basketball's freshmen trio of Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight and Doron Lamb have combined to score 1,227 points this season, which is 64% of UK's total points. The three young stars average 49.1 points per game.
Darius Miller, DeAndre Liggins and Josh Harrellson have scored 32% of Kentucky's points on the season. The three veterans average 24.9 points a night and have totalled 622 season points.
The Wildcats have picked up 82 points from the remaining group of Jon Hood, Stacey Poole, Eloy Vargas and Jarrod Polson. That is 4% of the season total and 3.3 per game.
A few notes:
- The trio of veterans have outscored Lamb, Knight and Jones two times, wins over Tennessee and Indiana, on the season.
- UK is 3-4 in games when Miller, Harrellson and Liggins combine to score less than 20 points.
- UK is 10-0 in games when Miller, Harrellson and Liggins combing to score 26+ points.
- The low total for Jones, Knight and Lamb is 31 in a 73-61 win over Tennessee. The high is 64 in an 89-52 win over Winthrop.
- The low total for Miller, Harrellson and Liggins is 10 in a 71-69 loss to Ole Miss. The high is 42 twice, both wins (Tennessee and Indiana).
- The Wildcats have received 0 points 10 times from the group of Hood, Vargas, Poole and Polson. The team was 6-4 in those games. That group has reached double figures twice, both wins.
- In Kentucky's 7 losses, the freshmen trio has averaged 48.4 PPG, the veterans 19.4 PPG and the other group has added 1.9 PPG.
- In Kentucky's 18 wins, the freshman trio has averaged 49.3 PPG, the veterans 27.0 PPG and the other group has added 3.7 PPG.