John Brannen has hired David Ragland, Ronald Nored and Sean Dwyer as assistant coaches to complete his staff at Northern Kentucky University.
Brannen has also hired former Northern Kentucky player Tony Rack as director of operations.
Here is a release from NKU:
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. – Northern Kentucky men's basketball head coach John Brannen has completed his staff, adding David Ragland, Ronald Nored and Sean Dwyer as assistant coaches and former NKU standout Tony Rack as director of operations.
"I am very excited about the staff we have assembled, and I belive these hires speak to the excitement level surrounding our athletics programs here at NKU," said Brannen. "Our focus during this search was to find intelligent and highly motivated coaches who want to be a part of the Northern Kentucky community. We are excited about getting started."
Most recently an assistant coach at Bowling Green, Ragland also spent four years as an assistant coach at Indiana State, two years as head coach at Vincennes University and three years as the assistant coach at Vincennes. In all five seasons at the Division I level, Ragland's teams have reached the postseason. This year's Bowling Green team earned a berth in the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament (CIT). In his four seasons working with the Sycamores, Indiana State made appearances in the NCAA Tournament (2011), NIT (2013, 2014) and CIT (2012).
"Coach Ragland brings a wealth of experience at the Division I level, as well as an understanding of the region from a recruiting and coaching perspective," Brannen commented. "Our young men will feed off his energy and passion every day."
"I want to thank John Brannen, Ken Bothof and the NKU administration for the opportunity to be a part of the Norse family," commented Ragland. "The core values and progressive and energetic mindset of the leadership here at NKU is extremely exciting for the future of our programs.
"John's belief in creating a family environment, trust within the program and focus on skill development for our players will enforce the fact that NKU men's basketball will soon become special," Ragland continued. "I look forward to the process of creating a championship caliber program with Coach Brannen, our staff, players, University and community. Norse up!"
Nored comes to Northern Kentucky following a two-year stint with the Boston Celtics of the NBA, where he served as a player development assistant coach under current Celtics head coach and former Butler head coach Brad Stevens. A championship pedigree, which was forged during back-to-back appearances in the men's basketball NCAA Division I national championship game while a player for Stevens at Butler, follows Nored to Highland Heights, Kentucky. Nored and Co., lost to Duke in the 2010 title game and then fell to UConn in the 2011 championship. On the bench in Boston, he was vital to the success of the 2014-15 Celtics team, which reached the NBA East Division playoffs.
"Coach Nored has achieved tremendous success as a player and a coach during his career. His energy and knowledge will be a tremendous asset to the young men of NKU basketball, as well as our staff as a whole."
"I am extremely grateful for the opportunity that Coach Brannen has given me," commented Nored. "Being back in college basketball was a goal of mine. I couldn't be happier to join Coach Brannen and Norse Nation."
- ► 2017 (96)
- ► 2016 (919)
05/10 - 05/17
- Former NKU Guard Tayler Persons Will Transfer to B...
- Lindsey Wilson Officially Adds Pepper Ben Okofile ...
- St. Catharine College Hires Joe Krupinski to Take ...
- Former Male Head Coach Larry Miller Joins Staff at...
- 2017 PG Najeh Banks Says He's Eligible at Morgan C...
- Kentucky Will Battle Kansas in Big 12/SEC Challeng...
- EKU Adds Georgia Tech Staffer Trent Angelucci as D...
- UK To Host Albany and NJIT in November
- Kentucky Wesleyan Signs Owensboro's Justin Miller
- Harrison Twins Say They're the Best Guards in the ...
- Louisville to Play at Michigan State in ACC/Big 10...
- Emmanuel Owootoah Will Transfer from Fresno State
- Northern Kentucky is Headed to the Horizon League
- Video: UK Recruit Miles Bridges Dunk Reel from the...
- 2016 Waggener Forward Jaalam Hill Gets First Offer...
- What in the World Was John Wall Wearing Last Night...
- Owensboro's Justin Miller to Sign with Kentucky We...
- John Brannen Completes Coaching Staff at Northern ...
- ▼ 05/10 - 05/17 (18)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)