I am told by multiple sources that St. Catharine College has hired Joe Krupinski as head men's basketball coach.
Krupinski worked last season as an assistant coach at American International College, an NCAA Division II program in Springfield, Massachusetts. AIC was 24-7 overall and 15-5 in the Northeast-10 Conference.
Prior to last season, Krupinski worked six seasons as the head men's basketball coach at Lyndon State College in Vermont, where he led the program during its transition into the NCAA and the Division III level.
Here's a little more on Krupinski's background via AIC:
Joe Krupinski enters his first season as an assistant coach for the Yellow Jackets in 2014-15.
Krupinski comes to AIC following six seasons as the head men's basketball coach at Lyndon State College in Vermont, where he led the program during its transition into the NCAA and the Division III level. Under Krupinski, the 2010-11 North Atlantic Conference Co-Coach of the Year, the Hornets posted a winning conference record in three of his final four seasons and qualified for four consecutive NAC post-season tournaments, including two NAC Final Fours, in 2011 and 2014.
The 2010-11 edition of the Hornets finished the league campaign in a tie for second place and reached the NAC title game for the only time in school history, falling to host Husson University. While at LSC, Krupinski coached five players who garnered All-League recognition, including three first team selections, and recruited the 2011 conference Rookie of the Year, Phil Warrick.
Krupinski took over at Lyndon after serving for seven seasons on the staff at fellow Northeast-10 member Saint Michael’s College, including the final three as the top assistant. While at SMC, Krupinski dealt with all facets of the Purple Knight program, including game and practice coaching, recruiting, scouting and academic monitoring of student-athletes. Krupinski recruited three Northeast-10 All-Rookie Team members to SMC, including the 2002 NE-10 and New England “Rookie of the Year,” Mike Keating. The 2007-08 edition of the Knights won 16 games and reached the conference tournament quarterfinals before bowing out to NCAA Tournament participant St. Rose.
Prior to his arrival in the Green Mountain State, Krupinski spent two years as the lead assistant at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY. The Redhawks were one of the top teams in the Upstate Collegiate Athletic Association each year, reaching the conference tournament final both seasons. Both teams also earned bids to the ECAC Upstate post-season tournament, reaching the semifinals in 2001 after upsetting top-seeded Cortland State. Krupinski was also responsible for recruiting two of the top seven all-time leading scorers in the history of the RPI program.
Krupinski began his coaching career at his alma mater, Springfield College. In his two seasons as an assistant, the Pride were one of the top Division III teams in New England, finishing the 1997-98 season 26-2 and ranked fifth in the country – both program records – earning the top seed in the NCAA Tournament Northeast Regional. Krupinski was instrumental in recruiting the core group that advanced to the NCAA Division III “Sweet Sixteen” in 2000 – a group which included the first two “Rookies-of-the-Year” in the newly-created New England Women’s and Men’s Athletics Conference (NEWMAC).
Photo: AIC Athletics
- ► 2016 (919)
05/10 - 05/17
- Former NKU Guard Tayler Persons Will Transfer to B...
- Lindsey Wilson Officially Adds Pepper Ben Okofile ...
- St. Catharine College Hires Joe Krupinski to Take ...
- Former Male Head Coach Larry Miller Joins Staff at...
- 2017 PG Najeh Banks Says He's Eligible at Morgan C...
- Kentucky Will Battle Kansas in Big 12/SEC Challeng...
- EKU Adds Georgia Tech Staffer Trent Angelucci as D...
- UK To Host Albany and NJIT in November
- Kentucky Wesleyan Signs Owensboro's Justin Miller
- Harrison Twins Say They're the Best Guards in the ...
- Louisville to Play at Michigan State in ACC/Big 10...
- Emmanuel Owootoah Will Transfer from Fresno State
- Northern Kentucky is Headed to the Horizon League
- Video: UK Recruit Miles Bridges Dunk Reel from the...
- 2016 Waggener Forward Jaalam Hill Gets First Offer...
- What in the World Was John Wall Wearing Last Night...
- Owensboro's Justin Miller to Sign with Kentucky We...
- John Brannen Completes Coaching Staff at Northern ...
- ▼ 05/10 - 05/17 (18)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)