North Carolina has publicly released the NCAA's Notice of Allegations and the documentation outlines five major violations, including lack of institutional control.
Here's a summary of the 5 major issues:
1. The institution provided impermissible benefits to student athletes.
2. Jan Boxill, then philosophy instructor, director of the Parr Center for Ethics, women's basketball athletic academic counselor in the Academic Support Program for Student Athletes (ASPSA) and chair of the faculty, knowingly provided extra benefits in the form of impermissible academic assistance and special arrangements to women's basketball student-athletes.
3. In 2014 and 2015, Deborah Crowder (Crowder), former student services manager in the African and Afro-American Studies department, violated the NCAA principles of ethical conduct. (i.e. refused and failed to participate in providing information)
4. In 2014 and 2015, Dr. Julius Nyang'oro, former professor and chair of the African and Afro-American Studies department, violated the NCAA principles of ethical conduct when he failed to furnish information relevant to an investigation of possible NCAA violations.
5. The institution violated the NCAA principles of institutional control and rules compliance and the institution exhibited a lack of institutional control in regard to the special arrangements constituting impermissible benefits athletics academic counselors and staff within African and Afro-American Studies (AFRI/AFAM) department provided to student-athletes.
Take a look at the entire 59-page document here
Chancellor Carol L. Folt and Director of Athletics Bubba Cunningham released this statement:
“We take the allegations the NCAA made about past conduct very seriously. This is the next step in a defined process, and we are a long way from reaching a conclusion. We will respond to the notice using facts and evidence to present a full picture of our case. Although we may identify some instances in the NCAA’s notice where we agree and others where we do not, we are committed to continue pursuing a fair and just outcome for Carolina."
Thursday, June 4, 2015
- ► 2016 (828)
05/31 - 06/07
- Motlow State Community College Introduces New Head...
- John Calipari Has Heated On-Air Debate With Dan Pa...
- Former Morehead State Assistant Chris Moore Joins ...
- North Carolina Releases NCAA's Notice of Allegatio...
- Carson Williams Continues to Reel In D1 Offers
- Kentucky Recruit Jamal Murray is Currently Visitin...
- Katz: Steve Prohm Scheduled for Interview at Iowa ...
- Bellarmine Adds Beau Braden, Josh Sewell to Coachi...
- Tulane's Jonathan Stark Will Transfer to Murray St...
- Steve Prohm Mentioned as Candidate at Iowa State
- St. Catharine's Jordan Brangers Will Play for J.T....
- J.T. Burton Lands Head Coaching Job at Motlow Stat...
- Caverna Hires Former St. Catharine College Head Co...
- Bellarmine University Signs JUCO Transfer Al Davis...
- ▼ 05/31 - 06/07 (14)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)