Tulane guard Jonathan Stark will transfer to Murray State.
Stark averaged 10.6 points, 2.5 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game for Tulane last season.
He will sit out the 2015-16 season under NCAA transfer rules and join the team in 2016-17.
Here is a release from MSU:
Murray State head men’s basketball coach Steve Prohm announced Jonathan Stark will join the team in the fall as a transfer from Tulane.
Stark, a 6-0 guard from Munford, Tennessee, will sit out the coming 2015-16 season according to NCAA rules. He will have two seasons of eligibility with the Racers beginning with the 2016-17 season.
“We’re really excited to get Jonathan in our program,” Prohm said. “He brings a lot of experience to our backcourt having played two years at Tulane in both Conference USA and the American Athletic Conference. Jonathan will strengthen our backcourt for the 2016-17 season, but will also help us make our current team better. This is also another connection to the Memphis area for us and that’s an area that has been good to this program.”
Stark appeared in all 31 games in the 2014-15 season for the Green Wave scoring 10.6 points per game and 4.4 assists. His 137 assists ranked third in the American Athletic Conference. His season-best scoring game came against Memphis with 24 points. Stark had one double-double with 18 points and 10 assists against UCF and had a season-best 12 assists against Temple.
As a freshman in 2013-14, Stark earned Conference USA All-Freshman honors and was named a Freshman All-American by CollegeInsider.com. He had 12 games of 20-point scoring including a career-high 25 points against Washington. His 143 assists ranked fifth all-time for a single season at Tulane.
Stark had a standout two-year run at Munford High School where he was Tennessee District 13 MVP. He also played a pair of seasons at Brighton High School.
- ► 2016 (919)
05/31 - 06/07
- Motlow State Community College Introduces New Head...
- John Calipari Has Heated On-Air Debate With Dan Pa...
- Former Morehead State Assistant Chris Moore Joins ...
- North Carolina Releases NCAA's Notice of Allegatio...
- Carson Williams Continues to Reel In D1 Offers
- Kentucky Recruit Jamal Murray is Currently Visitin...
- Katz: Steve Prohm Scheduled for Interview at Iowa ...
- Bellarmine Adds Beau Braden, Josh Sewell to Coachi...
- Tulane's Jonathan Stark Will Transfer to Murray St...
- Steve Prohm Mentioned as Candidate at Iowa State
- St. Catharine's Jordan Brangers Will Play for J.T....
- J.T. Burton Lands Head Coaching Job at Motlow Stat...
- Caverna Hires Former St. Catharine College Head Co...
- Bellarmine University Signs JUCO Transfer Al Davis...
- ▼ 05/31 - 06/07 (14)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)