Spalding University's Brandon Goeing and Nick Trisko were named second team all-conference in the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
Trisko was also named to the league's all-defensive team.
Here's a release from the league:
Deavis Johnson is the 2015-16 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Year, making it three different Highlanders in the last three years to take home the league's top award. Greenville's Dr. George Barber and Eureka's Shea Feehan also received top conference honors.
Deavis Johnson, a senior forward from East St. Louis, becomes the third consecutive Highlander to win the SLIAC's top individual honor. In doing so it marks the first time in league history a school has taken home the Player of the Year award three consecutive years. Johnson joins Brady Slagle (2013-14) and Clayton Whitlock (2014-15) as Highlanders to win the award. Johnson was one of just two players in the league to average a double-double this season, averaging 16.5 points and 11.1 rebounds per game during conference play. He shot 52-percent from the field and ranked in the top ten in scoring, rebounding, blocked shots, and assists. He recorded the second most rebounds in a game in conference history when he grabbed 21 in the same game as scoring a season high 34 points against Greenville.
Shea Feehan, a freshman guard from Peoria, Ill., is the 2015-16 SLIAC Newcomer of the Year. Feehan was a mid-season arrival for the Red Devils and made an immediate impact, averaging 22.1 points per game. He had three games of 30 or more points and shot 53-percent from the field while averaging 4.8 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. Feehan is the first player from Eureka to take home the Newcomer of the Year award.
Dr. George Barber is the 2015-16 SLIAC Coach of the Year. This is the first time in Barber's 17 years as Panther head coach he has been named Coach of the Year. Barber guided the Panthers to a share of the SLIAC regular season championship, marking the first time since 1995-96 the Panthers program has won a regular season conference title. The Panthers finished the regular season with a 13-12 overall record and 12-6 in the SLIAC, going 12-3 in the second-half of the season. Earlier this season Barber also became the program's career leader in coaching wins.
In addition Westminster College received the SLIAC Team Sportsmanship award, the third consecutive year the Blue Jays have won the award. The team sportsmanship award is given to the team whose players, coaches and fans best exhibit the principles of good sportsmanship. For a full list of the 2015-16 SLIAC All-Conference Teams and awards see below.
First Team All-Conference
Tim Daniel Greenville College
Sam Feehan Eureka College
Chris Fowler Iowa Wesleyan University
Second Team All-Conference
Iowa Wesleyan University
- ► 2017 (96)
02/28 - 03/06
- Ben Simmons Didn't Handle Himself Well After Today...
- Michael Bradley, Trent Angelucci No Longer on Staf...
- LSU's Ben Simmons Ineligible for Wooden Award
- Tyler Ulis Named John R. Wooden Award Finalist
- EKU's Dan McHale Recaps Season, Warns the OVC to W...
- Kentucky Wesleyan Will Meet Davis & Elkins in G-MA...
- Jamal Murray, Tyler Ulis Play HORSE vs. Kentucky's...
- 2016 Mid-South Conference Tournament Tips Off in F...
- Berea College Falls in USCAA National Tournament
- Former Apollo, Huntington Prep Wing Trace Young to...
- John Calipari Talks About Florida and the Tweak
- John Calipari's Tweak Works at Florida
- Dick Vitale Says Ulis, Murray Are Best Backcourt i...
- Galilean Christian Academy Heads to National Tourn...
- Louisville Puts Together "One Shining Moment" Trib...
- Louisville Gives Damion Lee and Trey Lewis Rings
- Anthony Hickey Drains Incredible Buzzer-Beater in ...
- Louisville Will Wear Special Red Uniforms for Seni...
- OVC All-Conference Teams and Awards Announced, May...
- Dikembe Dixson Named Horizon League Freshman of th...
- John Calipari is Back to Tweaking This Season
- DeMarcus Cousins Had Problems with the Thunder Las...
- Vanderbilt Fined $100,000 for Storming the Court A...
- March Madness is Here for Kentucky Teams; Schedule...
- John Calipari Gives Encouraging Update on Derek Wi...
- USA Today Names Braxton Beverly "Chef of the Week"...
- Gerald Fitch Still Playing at a High Level in Puer...
- Richard Pitino Dealing with a Sex Scandal at Minne...
- Rick Pitino Thanks Team for Lifting Spirits of Tow...
- Spalding's Goeing, Trisko Named to SLIAC All-Confe...
- Three from Centre College Earn SAA All-Conference ...
- Field Set for 2016 Ohio Valley Conference Tourname...
- Alice Lloyd, Cincinnati Christian to Play for KIAC...
- Union College Wins Third Straight AAC Tournament T...
- Thomas More College Comes Up Just Short in PAC Cha...
- Rick Pitino Again Mentioned as Possible Candidate ...
- Sewanee Defeats Centre College in SAA Semifinals
- Spalding University Comes Up Short in SLIAC Title ...
- Transy's Season Ends in HCAC Semifinals
- ▼ 02/28 - 03/06 (39)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)