Head coach Heath Schroyer has submitted his resignation at UT-Martin and will be joining the coaching staff at North Carolina State.
Associate head coach Anthony Stewart will take over on an interim basis and coach the entire 2016-17 season.
Here is a release from UTM:
MARTIN, Tenn. – Heath Schroyer has submitted his resignation as the University of Tennessee at Martin head men’s basketball coach and Anthony Stewart will take over on an interim basis, Skyhawk interim athletics director Kevin McMillan announced today.
“Coach Schroyer informed me of his decision to accept an assistant coaching position at North Carolina State this morning,” McMillan said. “We are very appreciative of his efforts in lifting our men’s basketball program to two of its best seasons in our Division-I history. At the same time, we are excited for our success to continue with Coach Stewart at the helm. He is a key member of our program and I truly feel that the continuity that he brings will allow us to remain at the top of the Ohio Valley Conference.”
Stewart, 45, will serve as interim head coach for the entire 2016-17 season. He recently completed his second season as associate head coach at UT Martin, helping the Skyhawks to 41 victories and two postseason appearances in that span.
Stewart has also previously served as an assistant coach at Ohio University (2012-14), Southern Illinois University (2011-12), University of Wyoming (2007-11), Long Beach State University (2004-06) and Columbus State Community College (2001-04).
“I would like to thank Kevin for this opportunity,” Stewart said. “Coach Schroyer has been a close friend of mine for over a decade and I am honored to continue building the foundation that he set here at UT Martin.”
A native of Akron, Ohio, Stewart graduated from University of Mount Union with a bachelor’s degree in business management in 2003. He also completed his Master’s degree in business administration from Chancellor University in 2006.
04/17 - 04/24
- Buckhorn's Connor Hoskins Commits to Alice Lloyd C...
- Jeff Neubauer Receives Contract Extension at Fordh...
- Kedrick Flomo Not Medically Cleared to Play at Mur...
- Kentucky's Jamal Murray Has a Logo Now
- Will Hager Part of Solid Recruiting Class at Color...
- Billy Gillispie Mentioned as Possible Candidate at...
- Murray State Signs Terrell Miller for 2016-17
- Kentucky Posts Perfect APR Score for Third Straigh...
- Russell Names Bryan Groves Head Coach
- Heath Schroyer Turns In Resignation at UT-Martin
- Kentucky's Marcus Lee: "My plan is to go to the NB...
- Source: Bath County Has Hired Former Pikeville Coa...
- Western Kentucky Will Host Wisconsin in 2018
- Keith May is No Longer the Head Coach at Pike Coun...
- Happy Osborne Reportedly a Finalist for Nicholls S...
- ▼ 04/17 - 04/24 (15)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)