Friday, April 22, 2016
For the third consecutive year, the Kentucky men’s basketball team has posted a perfect single-year Academic Progress Rate score of 1,000, the NCAA announced Wednesday. But that wasn’t the only perfect score the Wildcats received.
The Wildcats’ four-year composite APR score was also a perfect 1,000. It marks the first time in the 12-year history of the APR that the men’s basketball team has had a perfect four-year composite score. The NCAA cut score this year was 930, and the Division I men’s basketball average score was 964.
One week ago, Kentucky received an NCAA academic award for posting an APR score that finished in the top 10 percent of Division I schools in men’s basketball. It was the second consecutive season in which the men’s basketball team had won the award.
The APR provides a real-time look at a team’s academic success by the progress of each student-athlete on scholarship. The APR scores are a four-year composite, covering the 2011-12 through 2014-15 school years, which measure eligibility, retention and graduation. The 2015-16 team will not be included until next year’s report.
- ► 2017 (130)
04/17 - 04/24
- Buckhorn's Connor Hoskins Commits to Alice Lloyd C...
- Jeff Neubauer Receives Contract Extension at Fordh...
- Kedrick Flomo Not Medically Cleared to Play at Mur...
- Kentucky's Jamal Murray Has a Logo Now
- Will Hager Part of Solid Recruiting Class at Color...
- Billy Gillispie Mentioned as Possible Candidate at...
- Murray State Signs Terrell Miller for 2016-17
- Kentucky Posts Perfect APR Score for Third Straigh...
- Russell Names Bryan Groves Head Coach
- Heath Schroyer Turns In Resignation at UT-Martin
- Kentucky's Marcus Lee: "My plan is to go to the NB...
- Source: Bath County Has Hired Former Pikeville Coa...
- Western Kentucky Will Host Wisconsin in 2018
- Keith May is No Longer the Head Coach at Pike Coun...
- Happy Osborne Reportedly a Finalist for Nicholls S...
- ▼ 04/17 - 04/24 (15)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)