Eastern Kentucky University has signed Marlon Adams and DeAndre Dishman for the 2016-17 season.
Here's a release from EKU:
Marlon Adams, Believe Prep Academy (SC)
RICHMOND, Ky. – Marlon Adams, a 6-6 forward out of Middletown, New York, has signed a National Letter of Intent to play basketball at Eastern Kentucky University, head coach Dan McHale announced on Thursday.
"We are thrilled to add Marlon to the Colonel community," McHale said. "He is a versatile forward that has a combination of skill and power. He plays with a certain toughness and physicality that will bring another dynamic to our team. He's an inside/outside forward that will compliment our team in a multitude of ways."
Adams played three seasons at Middletown High School in New York before transferring to The King's Academy in Seymour, Tennessee for his senior year. He was named to the TSSAA East-Middle All-District team after leading the Lions at 26.0 points-per-game and 13.0 rebounds-per-game in 2014-15.
Adams played at Believe Prep Academy in Rock Hill, South Carolina in 2015-16, averaging 15.0 points-per-game and 7.0 rebounds-per-game.
"Marlon's ability to rebound and defend multiple positions makes him very valuable," McHale added. "He possesses all of the winning qualities – on and off the court – that our culture stands for. We are thrilled that he is a Colonel!"
DeAndre Dishamn, Bryan Station High School
RICHMOND, Ky. – DeAndre Dishman, a 6-6 forward out of Bryan Station High School in Lexington, has signed a National Letter of Intent to play basketball at Eastern Kentucky University, head coach Dan McHale announced on Thursday.
"DeAndre is a phenomenal addition to the Colonel family," McHale said. "He is a tremendous athlete who plays above the rim and has great versatility."
Dishman was named honorable mention All-City by the Lexington Herald-Leader and to the 42nd District All-Tournament team following his senior season.
In April, he was invited to play in the prestigious Ohio-Kentucky All-Star Game, alongside fellow Division-I signees James Boone (Samford), Quentin Goodin (Xavier) and Mason Faulkner and Carson Williams (Northern Kentucky).
"DeAndre is a hybrid forward that is a mismatch nightmare," McHale added. "His passing and playmaking ability make him very tough to guard. He is a local product that has been well coached by Tommy Johnson at Bryan Station, and that enhances our brand on and off the court."
The Colonels have now signed eight players: Butler transfer Jackson Davis (Lexington, Kentucky), Louisville transfer Dillon Avare (Lexington, Kentucky), junior-college transfers Zach Charles (Mesquite, Texas) and Darryl Baker (Jeffersonville, Indiana) and incoming freshmen Asante Gist (West Orange, New Jersey), Parker Chitty (Columbus, Indiana), DeAndre Dishman (Lexington, Kentucky) and Marlon Adams (Middletown, New York).
- ► 2017 (151)
05/08 - 05/15
- Marcus Lee Says He's 87% Gone, But Kentucky Will G...
- EKU Adds Marlon Adams for 2016-17
- Former Boyle County PG Jeremiah Bell Adds DI Offer...
- UK Will Face Hofstra at the Barclays Center in Dec...
- Pitino Wants Louisville to Count Two 2016 Scholars...
- Lexington Spent $38,000 on Hospitality Room for Sw...
- Calipari Says Charles Matthews Still Out "Three or...
- Marion County Guard Tyler Wethington Signs With St...
- John Calipari Believes Marcus Lee Will Stay in NBA...
- Kentucky Will Host Duquesne in 2016-17
- Lindsey Wilson College to Host Four Camps This Sum...
- Warren Central's Tristen Murray Inks with Brescia ...
- JUCO Wing Demetrius Levarity Commits to Morehead S...
- Kentucky Announces Exhibition Games for 2016-17
- University of the Cumberlands Signs Eddie Tornes, ...
- Willie Cauley-Stein Will Represent Sacramento at t...
- Lindsey Wilson College Signs Three for 2016-17
- Tubby Smith Adds Saul Smith to Staff at Memphis
- Campbellsville Men's Basketball Announces Summer C...
- ▼ 05/08 - 05/15 (19)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)