Eastern Kentucky University has signed 6-foot-8 Australian forward Lachlan Anderson for 2016-17.
Anderson plays club basketball for the Bankstown Bruines in New South Wales' Waratah League. He averaged 16.8 points in 2016.
Here's a release from EKU:
RICHMOND, Ky. – Lachlan Anderson, a 6-8 hybrid forward from Sydney, Australia, has signed to play basketball at Eastern Kentucky University, head coach Dan McHale announced on Thursday.
"Lachlan Anderson is a major steal and a big addition to our team," McHale said. "He had been pursued by a lot of big-name college basketball programs, and we are excited that he decided to make Eastern Kentucky his new home."
Anderson plays club basketball for the Bankstown Bruins in New South Wales' Waratah League. He averaged 16.8 points-per-game for Bankstown's Division 1 Youth Men's team in 2016.
He scored 20 or more points five times during the season, including a 24-point outing in which he knocked down three three-pointers versus the Central Coast Crusaders on March 12.
"Lachlan is extremely skilled and has been well coached in Australia," McHale added. "He fits our offensive run-and-gun style to a tee, and he will be a mismatch nightmare with his shooting ability. He is also a great student and will be a welcome ambassador of our 'Colonel Culture.'"
Anderson played for Team Royal on the AAU circuit in the summer of 2015, displaying versatility and athleticism at the Chicago Hoops Challenge and NY2LA Summer Jam.
Anderson joins an EKU signing class that includes Butler transfer Jackson Davis (Lexington, Kentucky), Louisville transfer Dillon Avare (Lexington, Kentucky), junior-college transfers Rio Adams (Seattle, Washington) and Zach Charles (Mesquite, Texas) and incoming freshmen Asante Gist (West Orange, New Jersey), Parker Chitty (Columbus, Indiana), DeAndre Dishman (Lexington, Kentucky) and Marlon Adams (Middletown, New York).
McHale's up-tempo Colonels ranked 18th in the country in scoring offense (80.5 points-per-game) and broke the EKU single-season field goal percentage record (49.1 percent) in 2015-16.
06/26 - 07/03
- Kentucky Christian University Signs Aaron Thompson...
- Rajon Rondo Receiving Interest from Several Teams
- Brescia University Inks Central Teammates Terrell ...
- Tyler Ulis Will Wear a New Number in the NBA
- Plenty of Players to Watch in Orlando Pro Summer L...
- Morehead State to Play Pitt, Purdue in 2016-17
- Brent Vernon Named Head Coach at Campbellsville Un...
- Morehead State Extends Sean Woods' Contract Throug...
- Kentucky Christian Adds Tim Wyatt for 2016-17
- Eastern Kentucky Adds Australian Forward Lachlan A...
- DeMarcus Cousins on U.S. Men's National Team Roste...
- ▼ 06/26 - 07/03 (11)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)