Former Kentucky Wesleyan players C.J. Blackwell and Marcus Fillyaw were drafted by the Kentucky Mavericks in the Premier Basketball League Draft on Tuesday night.
Here are details from KWC:
Recent Kentucky Wesleyan College graduates Marcus Fillyaw and C.J. Blackwell were drafted by the Kentucky Mavericks of the Premier Basketball League on Tuesday night.
The Mavericks selected Fillyaw in the first round and Blackwell in the second.
Fillyaw and Blackwell led the 2015-16 Panthers to a 27-4 record, the Great Midwest Athletic Conference regular season and tournament titles and a trip to the NCAA Midwest Regional Quarterfinals.
Fillyaw, a 6-foot-1, 200-pound point guard, from Topeka, Kan., led the Panthers in assists with 110 and steals with 53 in starting all 31 games. He also was fifth scoring with 7.3 points per game while averaging 3.2 rebounds and 22.8 minutes. His shooting percentages were 46.2 from the field, 40.3 from three-point range and 70.9 percent from the free throw line.
Blackwell, a 6-foot-5, 221-pound forward, from Los Angeles, Calif., earned All-G-MAC first team honors. He led the Panthers in three-pointers with 73, third in scoring at 13.7 points and fourth in rebounding with 3.9 boards. His shooting percentages were 48.7 from the field, 41.5 percent from three-point territory and 70.6 percent from the foul line. He started 28 of 31 games played.
"We're extremely happy with acquiring the rights to these two young men. We feel both can make an impact on our pro basketball team immediately! They come from a winning and championship program at KWC, and we are all about winning with our Mavericks." stated Steve Tucker, Kentucky Mavericks head coach in a team press release.
09/18 - 09/25
- Former KWC Star Cardell McFarland Signs with Sheff...
- Jeff Goodman Says Coaches Are Bowing Out of Recrui...
- UK to Induct Chuck Hayes Into Athletics Hall of Fa...
- Two Former Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers Drafted by K...
- Bellarmine University Releases Challenging 2016-17...
- Georgetown College Updates Roster for 2016-17
- Tickets for Kentucky's Big Blue Madness Available ...
- Hopkinsville's Jalen Johnson Picks Up D1 Offer fro...
- Covington Catholic's C.J. Fredrick Earns Huge Divi...
- Four-Star Wing Josh Anderson Commits to Western K...
- CBS Sports Says Kenny Payne is Kentucky's Best Rec...
- ▼ 09/18 - 09/25 (11)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)