Campbellsville University will hold a first annual Maroon Madness event Monday night at 7:00 p.m. ET.
Here are details from CU:
CAMPBELLSVILLE, Ky. — Campbellsville University athletics is pleased to announced the first annual Maroon Madness will be hosted at Powell Athletic Center on Monday, Oct. 17 at 7 p.m. ET.
The Tigers and Lady Tigers are partnering with the Maroon Goons for the new event that will feature introductions of the 2016-17 teams, scrimmages, 3-point contests and half court shots. In addition, both head coaches, Ginger Colvin and Brent Vernon will speak about the upcoming year and their teams.
The event is FREE to attend and Maroon Goons will be giving away "Tiger Bucks" for students and cash prizes up to $300 for all attendees. Doors will open for Maroon Madness at 6 p.m.
The event will start with introductions of each team and 20-minute running clock scrimmages. Once the scrimmages are completed, fans will be able to compete against their favorite Tigers in various contests.
"We are excited to introduce our teams during Maroon Madness," said Colvin. "This is a great time to showcase both teams and get everyone excited for the upcoming season. All of the competitions should be fun for all ages. Both of these teams are going to be exciting to watch, and we want as much community involvement as possible."
"I am glad that a group of people have come together and worked to get this experience going for our players and our program," said Vernon. "It will be a great opportunity for the students and community to come out and see our team for the first time and just have some fun with the guys. We are really looking forward to this fun night with both the teams and we look forward to a good crowd coming out to support both our programs."
- Layup, free throw, 3-pointer and half court shot for $100
- 3-point contest against top shooters from each team
- Select dunks from the men's team
- ► 2017 (96)
10/09 - 10/16
- Zion Williamson Isn't Visiting Western Kentucky To...
- 5-Star Forward Zion Williamson to Visit Western Ke...
- Check Out What John Calipari Said at Kentucky's Me...
- Campbellsville University to Hold Maroon Madness M...
- Western Kentucky to Hold Hilltopper Hysteria Event...
- Georgetown College Picked to Win Mid-South Confere...
- Union College Releases 2016-17 Men's Basketball Sc...
- Two Kentucky Kids on Cover of Lindy's Sports Colle...
- Rick Pitino on NCAA Investigation: "Not an issue. ...
- Bellarmine University Tabbed as Preseason No. 1 in...
- NBA Scout Believes Kentucky is Going to Struggle w...
- Western Kentucky Adds Former Male High School Play...
- Braxton Beverly Has Committed to Ohio State
- Devin Booker Drops 34 Points in 30 Minutes for the...
- ▼ 10/09 - 10/16 (14)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)