Georgetown College's Troy Steward was named Mid-South Conference Player of the Week on Monday.
Here is a release from the league:
COLUMBIA, Ky. – Georgetown's (Ky.) Troy Steward is the Mid-South Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week, conference officials announced on Monday.
Houchens Industries is the proud sponsor of the Mid-South Conference Player of the Week Award program. Houchens Industries was founded in 1917 and is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States with more than 18,000 corporate-wide employees.
Troy Steward – Georgetown (Ky.) – So. – Guard – Ewing, Ky.
- Steward paced No. 2 Georgetown to a 2-1 mark at the Mid-South Conference/Southern States Athletic Conference Challenge.
- He averaged 20 points over three games last week, grabbing a total of 16 rebounds for the Tigers.
- In an 80-72 victory over Martin Methodist (Tenn.), he scored 24 points and grabbed six rebounds, while chipping in with two assists, a block and a steal.
- Steward was 27-of-31 from the free throw line last week as Georgetown moved to 8-1 overall on the season.
- Steward earns his first player of the week honor of the season and of his career.
Men's Basketball Player of the Week - School
Charles Sutton – Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Dmitry Utolin – Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Troy Steward – Georgetown (Ky.)
- ► 2017 (96)
11/20 - 11/27
- John Calipari Slides in a Jab at Assistant Kenny P...
- Louisville Survives Old Dominion in Overtime
- Union College's Gerrard Newby Earns Third Consecut...
- Morehead State Suspends Head Coach Sean Woods with...
- Louisville Getting Ready for Battle 4 Atlantis
- Georgetown's Troy Steward Named Mid-South Conferen...
- Former Rowan County Star Adam Wing to Play in NBL ...
- Former KWC Forward Dominique Dawson Taken in NBL C...
- ▼ 11/20 - 11/27 (8)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)