Union College's Gerrard Newby is well on his way to being named Appalachian Athletic Conference Player of the Year.
Through three weeks, Newby has been named conference player of the week all three times.
Here's a release from UC:
BARBOURVILLE, Ky. – For the third week in a row, Union College senior Gerrard Newby (SR/Lexington, Ky. ) is the Appalachian Athletic Conference (AAC) Men's Basketball Player of the Week, the league announced on Monday.
On the week, Newby averaged 20.5 points and 12.5 rebounds per game last week as he recorded double-doubles in both of the Bulldog wins. He had three assists, two blocks and one block on the week while shooting 62.5 percent (15-of-24 shots) from the field.
Newby scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in an 86-49 win over AAC rival Bryan (Tenn.). In an 105-71 victory over Fisk (Tenn.), he put up 26 points and 14 rebounds.
On the year, Newby has posted four double-doubles with three coming in the last three Union contests. He leads the conference in scoring at 22.38 points per game and is averaging 9.88 rebounds per game.
The Bulldogs are 5-3 overall and 1-0 in AAC play. Union returns to the hardwood on Tuesday when it hosts Montreat (N.C.) in another conference contest. Tipoff is set for 7:30 p.m.
- ► 2017 (54)
11/20 - 11/27
- John Calipari Slides in a Jab at Assistant Kenny P...
- Louisville Survives Old Dominion in Overtime
- Union College's Gerrard Newby Earns Third Consecut...
- Morehead State Suspends Head Coach Sean Woods with...
- Louisville Getting Ready for Battle 4 Atlantis
- Georgetown's Troy Steward Named Mid-South Conferen...
- Former Rowan County Star Adam Wing to Play in NBL ...
- Former KWC Forward Dominique Dawson Taken in NBL C...
- ▼ 11/20 - 11/27 (8)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)