Thomas More 96
Geneva College 74
PAC Tournament Quarterfinals
Here's a recap from TMC:
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) The No. 2-seeded Thomas More College men's basketball team defeated No. 7-seeded Geneva College, 96-74, in the quarterfinal round of the Presidents' Athletic Conference (PAC) Championship Tournament. With the win, the Saints advance to the semifinal round where they will face No. 3-seeded Thiel College.
The Saints once again shot above 50 percent in every aspect of the game shooting as they shot 63.5 percent from the field, 50 percent from behind the arch and 90 percent from the free-throw line. The intensity on the defensive side of the ball was a big part of the Saints success as they had 12 steals off of 16 turnovers and recorded 29 points off of those steals.
The Saints had 10 players in the scoring column and were led by junior center Simon Clifford (Louisville, Ky./DuPont Manual), who finished with a game-high 21 points. Along-side Clifford was sophomore guard Damion King (Winchester, Ky./ George Rogers Clark) with 20 points, six rebounds, six assists and three steals, while sophomore guard Brandon Horne (Louisville, Ky./Male) finished with 19 points, seven rebounds and four steals and sophomore guard Ryne Callahan (Morehead, Ky./Rowan County) added 11 points.
Talking with the Player of the Game, Brandon Horne, we asked him about the first round win and what it meant for the team and he told us, "We played with a lot of energy and we know at this time of the year anything can happen, so we know we have to stay together."
The Golden Tornadoes of Geneva had nine players reach the scoring column and three hit double-digits. Jimmy Leichliter, Ethan Moose and David Oliver all led the team scoring 18 points apiece.
The Saints will take on Thiel inside the Connor Convocation Center on Thursday (February 23) at 7 p.m. The winner will advance to the championship game Saturday (February 25) to take on the winner of the other semifinal game between top-seeded Saint Vincent College and No. 5-seeded Bethany College.
02/19 - 02/26
- Centre College Gets Past Berry to Advance to SAA S...
- OVC Tournament Tiebreaker Scenarios Heading Into S...
- Cameron Payne Has Been Traded to Chicago
- Thomas More Advances to PAC Tournament Semifinals
- It's Tournament Time in Kentucky: Schedule for the...
- Midway University Goes 2-25 in Inaugural Men's Bas...
- Brescia, Asbury Preparing for River States Confere...
- Berea College Earns 3-Seed in USCAA D1 National To...
- Transylvania Falls at Manchester, Shifts Focus to ...
- Thomas More Earns Share of PAC Regular Season Titl...
- Disappointing Season Ends on Positive Note for Spa...
- Late Season Slide Leaves Centre College as 2-Seed ...
- Berea College Knocks Off Midway, Waits for USCAA S...
- ▼ 02/19 - 02/26 (13)
- ► 2016 (919)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)