Kentucky Wesleyan College and head coach Happy Osborne have signed JUCO transfer Rasheide Bell for the 2017-18 seasons.
Bell comes to KWC from South Suburban College. He averaged 16.2 points and 4.6 rebounds per game last season.
Here are details from KWC:
OWENBSORO, Ky. – South Suburban guard Rasheide Bell signed with eight-time NCAA Division II Champion Kentucky Wesleyan College on Wednesday morning and will spend his final two seasons with the Panthers according to Head Coach Happy Osborne.
"Happy, his staff, my teammates and I have one goal and that is to win a national championship. When Coach and I talk basketball, our conversation always ends with 'Let's go get this thing'," said Bell. "I'm overly excited to play for Coach Happy. He believes in me as if I've been there the last two years with him. He sat in the same seat at my national tournament and even in our third place game, proving to me how bad he wanted me. The sky is the limit for us and I can't wait to get to the Sportscenter and start the grind."
The Evansville, Ind. native has spent two seasons at South Suburban, helping the Bulldogs to a third-place finish in the NJCAA Division II national tournament with a record of 24-12. Standing at 6-foot-2, Bell has averaged 16.2 points and 4.6 rebounds per game while dishing out 3.9 assists. Boasting a 47.1 field goal percentage, he has accumulated 25.7 minutes per contest and claimed 3.3 steals per game.
"He is a tremendous person that has the character to replace a Ken-Jah Bosley. I see him immediately in a leadership role and the possibility of being a captain. He turned down over seven Division I offers to come here and when you have a young man that does that, you know that you have their heart," commented Osborne.
A 2015 graduate of Evansville Central High School, Bell averaged 20.0 points in 21 games while grabbing 6.0 boards and 1.2 steals per game during his senior season.
"We have been trying to make strides in Evansville since I got here and we couldn't have started with a better person than Rasheide Bell," noted Osborne. "Without question he is a Division I player and those are the kinds of players that we need at the Division II level to reach our goals."
Bell will study Communications with a concentration in Sports Management and Marketing, and hopes to one day coach a basketball team of his own.
"I'm fortunate to be coming to a school that will allow me to focus on getting my degree while being an athlete," remarked Bell. Happy expressed the importance of academics not just to me, but to my grandmother. He built such a strong bond with her it was unbelievable- I'm sure she will be at all of our games."
Stay up to date on all your Panther news by following @KWCpanthers on Twitter and by liking the "Kentucky Wesleyan College Athletics" Facebook page.
04/09 - 04/16
- Former KWC Guard Marcus Fillyaw Signs Pro Contract...
- Lindsey Wilson Signs Bryce Williams for 2017-18
- Adam Stanford Transfers from Kentucky Wesleyan to ...
- Morehead State Promotes Jonathan Mattox to Full-Ti...
- Brennan Gillis, Brandon Maxwell Release from NKU M...
- Morehead State Inks Londell King Jr. for 2017-18
- Kentucky Wesleyan Lands JUCO Transfer Rasheide Bel...
- Lindsey Wilson College Signs High-Scoring Point Gu...
- Junior Center Matz Stockman is Leaving One Pitino ...
- Campbellsville University Inks Bardstown's Kel Liv...
- Tony Delk Tournament of Champions Tips Today at KB...
- Western Kentucky Officially Signs Jordan Brangers ...
- Morehead State Offers 2017 Forward Malek Green
- William & Mary Grad Transfer Jack Whitman Plans to...
- Morehead State's Miguel Dicent Decides to Leave Ea...
- ▼ 04/09 - 04/16 (15)
- ► 2016 (919)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)