Western Kentucky University has officially signed sharpshooting JUCO guard Jordan Brangers for 2017-18.
Brangers averaged 20.9 points per game last season at South Plains College in Levelland, Texas. He is rated as the No. 3 junior college prospect in the nation.
Here's a release from WKU:
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — WKU men’s basketball head coach Rick Stansbury announced Wednesday the signing of sharpshooting guard Jordan Brangers (6-2, Guard) as the latest addition in the 2017 recruiting class.
Brangers will join the Hilltoppers from South Plains College in Levelland, Texas. He’s rated the No. 3 junior college prospect in the nation by JUCORecruiting.com.
“We’re excited to have Jordan as a part of our basketball program and our family,” Stansbury said. “It’s very obvious he’s a terrific player who can provide help with a need on our team and has a great ability to shoot the basketball.”
Brangers, an in-state product originally from Radcliff, Ky., proved himself as one of the elite shooters and scorers at the junior college level in 2016-17.
He averaged 20.9 points per game – ranking fourth nationally in total points scored at the JUCO level – and connected on an eye-popping 151 of 327 3-point attempts in an efficient 22.9 minutes per game.
Brangers shot 49.6 percent from the field and 46.2 percent from 3-point range, while also averaging 3.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists.
His 151 made 3s this season led the nation and broke the South Plains school record previously held by Marshall Henderson. The Texans finished their season 32-2 and took third place in the 2017 NJCAA Men’s Basketball National Tournament.
Brangers was named the 2017 Region V Player of the Year and WJCAC Player of the Year. Before coming to South Plains, he wrapped up his prep basketball career at Eastern High School in Louisville, Ky.
Brangers is joined in WKU’s nationally ranked signing class by guards Josh Anderson and Taveion Hollingsworth, as well as center Mitchell Robinson.
04/09 - 04/16
- Former KWC Guard Marcus Fillyaw Signs Pro Contract...
- Lindsey Wilson Signs Bryce Williams for 2017-18
- Adam Stanford Transfers from Kentucky Wesleyan to ...
- Morehead State Promotes Jonathan Mattox to Full-Ti...
- Brennan Gillis, Brandon Maxwell Release from NKU M...
- Morehead State Inks Londell King Jr. for 2017-18
- Kentucky Wesleyan Lands JUCO Transfer Rasheide Bel...
- Lindsey Wilson College Signs High-Scoring Point Gu...
- Junior Center Matz Stockman is Leaving One Pitino ...
- Campbellsville University Inks Bardstown's Kel Liv...
- Tony Delk Tournament of Champions Tips Today at KB...
- Western Kentucky Officially Signs Jordan Brangers ...
- Morehead State Offers 2017 Forward Malek Green
- William & Mary Grad Transfer Jack Whitman Plans to...
- Morehead State's Miguel Dicent Decides to Leave Ea...
- ▼ 04/09 - 04/16 (15)
- ► 2016 (919)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)