Tobias Harris, the #5 recruit on the Rivals150 List for 2010, is now 12 days away from announcing his college choice. This is the Tobias Harris Journal, an all access feature from AllKYHoops.com that intends to illustrate the high-major recruiting process through the eyes of the recruit.
Tobias wrapped up his Georgia Tech visit early today and then made his way to Knoxville, Tennessee. He watched Tennessee dismantle UNC-Asheville by a score of 124-49.
"I just felt like watching them play and it was only two hours from Georgia Tech," the big man explained.
Harris, who has not returned home yet, says he still plans to sit down with his family and make his college decision. He shot down rumors that he had already committed to the Volunteers or that he was ready to commit.
"I was in Knoxville, but I am not committed to Tennessee. I still have to talk everything with my family."
I told him that rumors were circulating that he had chosen Tennessee and he simply stated, "No, that is not true."
He still plans to make his announcement Thursday at 5:30 p.m. on ESPNU.
"No favorite yet," he said. "I'm still taking a final look at all the schools."
I asked him to tell me what stands out to him about each school on his final list:
- Syracuse: "The style of play and their facilities"
- Kentucky: "The fans and the atmosphere"
- Tennessee: "The passion of the coaches"
- Louisville: "The individual instruction and their work ethic"
- West Virginia: "Coach Huggins getting the best out of his guys"
- Maryland: "The campus and school itself"
- Georgia Tech: "The city of Atlanta and the school's academics"
Where will he end up? Let's discuss in the comments section...