Former Morehead State assistant coach Chris Moore is back in the Ohio Valley Conference.
Moore is leaving Wright State University to join Rick Ray's staff at Southeast Missouri.
Here is a release from SEMO:
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. – Chris Moore, who coached at Wright State University the last five years, was hired as an assistant coach at Southeast Missouri Monday.
Moore has over 20 years of coaching experience and brings an outlook from nearly every level of basketball.
"I am excited about adding someone to our staff who is as experienced and accomplished as Chris is," said Ray. "Chris has a great reputation in our business and has built relationships that will be a tremendous help to our recruiting efforts. He will be a valuable asset to our program and we are lucky to have him."
WSU averaged 17.5 wins per season and made a pair of postseason appearances with Moore on its coaching staff.
Prior to that, he worked as an assistant coach for four seasons at Ohio Valley Conference member Morehead State.
"I'm excited about getting the opportunity to join Coach Ray and be a part of Southeast basketball," said Moore. "Coach Ray and I have known each other for the better part of two decades and I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. He is a first class coach and an even better person. I'm looking forward to the challenge of competing for a championship year-in and year-out."
Moore teamed with then-head coach Donnie Tyndall to lead MSU to two postseason tournament appearances as the Eagles averaged 18 wins per season. He directed the program's recruiting efforts, which produced two classes ranked in the nation's Top 40. Clark Francis' Hoop Scoop tabbed MSU's 2007 class 31st and 2008 class 34th. Each of those classes were ranked No. 1 in the OVC.
Moore helped MSU enjoy record setting success, including an OVC Tournament title in 2009, back-to-back 20-win seasons for the first time in school history and the Eagles first NCAA Tournament win in 25 years.
Along with his recruiting duties, Moore served as MSU's academic liaison, where he helped raise the team's grade point average.
Before joining the MSU staff, Moore made stops at Bellarmine, Indiana-Southeast and Cincinnati.
- ► 2016 (919)
05/31 - 06/07
- Motlow State Community College Introduces New Head...
- John Calipari Has Heated On-Air Debate With Dan Pa...
- Former Morehead State Assistant Chris Moore Joins ...
- North Carolina Releases NCAA's Notice of Allegatio...
- Carson Williams Continues to Reel In D1 Offers
- Kentucky Recruit Jamal Murray is Currently Visitin...
- Katz: Steve Prohm Scheduled for Interview at Iowa ...
- Bellarmine Adds Beau Braden, Josh Sewell to Coachi...
- Tulane's Jonathan Stark Will Transfer to Murray St...
- Steve Prohm Mentioned as Candidate at Iowa State
- St. Catharine's Jordan Brangers Will Play for J.T....
- J.T. Burton Lands Head Coaching Job at Motlow Stat...
- Caverna Hires Former St. Catharine College Head Co...
- Bellarmine University Signs JUCO Transfer Al Davis...
- ▼ 05/31 - 06/07 (14)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)