(20) Kentucky 88
Final from Lexington, Kentucky
No. 20 Kentucky opened the game on a 20-2 run and never looked back as they simply overwhelmed Missouri 88-54 Wednesday night in Lexington.
Derek Willis scored a career-high 18 points and recorded his second career double-double with 12 rebounds to lead the Wildcats (16-4, 6-2 SEC). Tyler Ulis finished with 20 points and 8 assists. Isaiah Briscoe chipped in 15 points, 6 boards and 6 assists.
After the game, Briscoe talked about Kentucky's new "refuse to lose" attitude.
“Oh yeah. You know, refuse to lose," Briscoe said after the game. "That’s the motto we go by now and every time we go to the locker room coach always says just refuse to lose."
Wes Clark was just 3-for-16 from the field but led the Tigers (8-12, 1-6) with 11 points. Kevin Puryear and K.J. Walton chipped in 10 each.
Kentucky now travels to Kansas for what figures to be the game of the weekend in college basketball on Saturday at 7:00 p.m. ET.
- Kentucky extended its home-court winning streak to 32 games.
- Kentucky’s 88 points tied the season high set on Dec. 9 vs. Eastern Kentucky.
- Kentucky shot 52.3 percent from the field, back-to-back games over 50 percent. UK is 10-0 this
season when shooting at least 50 percent.
- Kentucky shot 78.6 percent from the foul line tonight. UK has made 76.1 percent over the last
- Kentucky won the rebounding 47-28. UK has a 15-1 record this season when winning or tying
the rebounding but is 1-3 when losing the carom gathering.
- UK tied a season high with 18 assists.
- UK had 11 turnovers tonight. UK has averaged just eight miscues per game during the current
three-game win streak.
- UK held Missouri to 54 points, the Wildcats’ best defensive performance of the season. UK is 61-
0 under Coach John Calipari when keeping the opponent to 55 or fewer points.
- UK limited Missouri to 31.6 percent from the field. The Wildcats are 8-0 this season when the
opponent shoots less than 38 percent on its field-goal attempts.
- UK had a season-high 11 blocked shots.
- The 34-point margin of victory is the fourth-highest against an SEC opponent in the Calipari era.
- UK has had a player score at least 20 points in all eight SEC games this season.
- Kentucky extended its streak of 959 consecutive games with at least one 3-point basket.
- Calipari has a 651-182 (.782) all-time record, including a 206-42 (.831) mark at Kentucky.
- Calipari is 114-4 (.966) in Rupp Arena. Calipari has two of the longest three win streaks in Rupp
Arena history – 54 by Calipari, 33 by Rick Pitino, 32 by Calipari.
- ► 2017 (96)
01/24 - 01/31
- Video: Alex Poythress Dunks All Over Cheick Diallo...
- Kansas Fans Welcome Kentucky to Allen Fieldhouse
- Kansas Coach Bill Self Talks About Playing Kentuck...
- Rick Pitino Pulls Out the White Suit for Virginia...
- Calipari Says Allen Fieldhouse is Much Louder than...
- John Calipari Says Kentucky Will Probably Lose at ...
- Anthony Davis' Future Wife Lives in Kansas
- Billy Kennedy Says Bud Walton Arena is Toughest Ve...
- Kansas Coach Bill Self Reads Mean Tweets Following...
- Kansas Freshman Carlton Bragg Talks About Playing ...
- Derek Willis Explains What Has Changed in His Game...
- Former St. Catharine Forward Xavier Keeling is Hea...
- Ramon Harris Signs with the Iowa Energy
- Derek Willis Leads the Way as Kentucky Overwhelms ...
- High-stepping Referee Steals the Show at Rupp Aren...
- Missouri's Kim Anderson Talks About Kentucky Loss
- Larry Conley as the "Y" in Kentucky at Rupp Arena
- Noel, Towns to Play in BBVA Compass Rising Stars C...
- Mercer County Continues to Roll Through the 12th R...
- WKU's Ray Harper on Dismissal of Harrison-Docks: "...
- Kansas Will Be Ready for Kentucky After Dropping T...
- Kobe Bryant Allegedly Sucker Punched a Former Loui...
- Trevecca Nazarene Upsets Kentucky Wesleyan in Nash...
- DeMarcus Cousins Sets Sacramento Kings Scoring Rec...
- No. 5 Georgetown College Upsets Top-Ranked Pikevil...
- Kentucky's Dominique Hawkins Reinjures Ankle
- March is Right Around the Corner; Schedule for the...
- Kentucky's Ulis, Murray Make Midseason Watch Lists...
- Jamal Crawford Shoves Patrick Patterson
- Kentucky Wesleyan Will Now Play a Road Game at Tre...
- Chris Harrison-Docks is No Longer a Member of WKU ...
- Kevin Stallings Talks About Losing at Kentucky
- Calipari Talks about Win Over Vandy, Sends a Stron...
- Highlights: Kentucky 76 Vanderbilt 57
- Improving Kentucky Destroys Vanderbilt
- ▼ 01/24 - 01/31 (35)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)