Murray State University has signed 6-foot-8 forward Terrell Miller for next season.
Miller will be a transfer from Southwest Mississippi Junior College.
Here's a release from MSU:
Murray State men's basketball coach Matt McMahon announced the signing of 6-8 forward Terrell Miller out of Southwest Mississippi Junior College.
From Jacksonville, Florida, Miller joins the Racers this summer as a junior.
"We are very excited to welcome Terrell to our program," McMahon said. "I love his skill level, versatility, and basketball IQ at the forward position. Terrell is a great teammate who makes the players around him better. He comes from a winning program and will be a welcome addition to our frontcourt next season."
Miller led his team in scoring and rebounding last season with 15.7 points per game and 9.5 rebounds. His numbers in games of the Mississippi Association of Community & Junior Colleges (MACJC) were even better at 20.1 points per game and 10.5 rebounds per game. He racked up 10 double-doubles this season.
Miller was named Honorable Mention All-American by the National Junior College Athletics Association (NJCAA).
He is the third Southwest player to be honored with All-American status by the NJCAA in four years.
"Terrell's numbers steadily grew and he had a big part in our run at the end of the season," said Southwest Coach Thomas Gray. "Once he bought into being multi-dimensional, he became an inside-out-threat. He was one of the best offensive threats in the country. He's very competitive and makes everyone around him better. He's a phenomenal young man and will impact the community of Murray."
The Bears were 17-8 overall and won the MACJC Tournament title for the first time in 53 years.
Miller was a 51 percent shooter from the field (133-of-262) and 36 percent from the 3-point line (27-of-75). From the free throw line, he hit for 74 percent (99-of-133). He had back-to-back games with 19 rebounds against Mississippi Gulf Coast (Jan. 14) and Copiah-Lincoln (Jan. 19). In the Mississippi Gulf Coast game, he also scored a season-high 33 points.
Coming out of Arlington Country Day School in Jacksonville, Fla., Miller participated in the Florida Senior Showcase All-Star Game in Orlando where he was named MVP with 17 points.
- ► 2017 (96)
04/17 - 04/24
- Buckhorn's Connor Hoskins Commits to Alice Lloyd C...
- Jeff Neubauer Receives Contract Extension at Fordh...
- Kedrick Flomo Not Medically Cleared to Play at Mur...
- Kentucky's Jamal Murray Has a Logo Now
- Will Hager Part of Solid Recruiting Class at Color...
- Billy Gillispie Mentioned as Possible Candidate at...
- Murray State Signs Terrell Miller for 2016-17
- Kentucky Posts Perfect APR Score for Third Straigh...
- Russell Names Bryan Groves Head Coach
- Heath Schroyer Turns In Resignation at UT-Martin
- Kentucky's Marcus Lee: "My plan is to go to the NB...
- Source: Bath County Has Hired Former Pikeville Coa...
- Western Kentucky Will Host Wisconsin in 2018
- Keith May is No Longer the Head Coach at Pike Coun...
- Happy Osborne Reportedly a Finalist for Nicholls S...
- ▼ 04/17 - 04/24 (15)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)