University of the Cumberlands has signed Eddie Tornes and Kelly "KJ" Hinds for 2016-17.
Here are releases from UC:
Kelly "KJ" Hinds Jr., Redlands Community College
The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Men's Basketball team just finished their phenomenal season, making to the NAIA DI National Championship Quarterfinal round for just the 4th time in school history. Head Coach Don Butcher and his staff have already been on the search for athletes to add to the success of the program. The Patriots are excited to announce the signing of Kelly "KJ" Hinds Jr. for the upcoming 2016-2017 season.
KJ hails from Moore, Oklahoma, and is the son of Soreeta and Kelly Hinds. He is coming to UC as a transfer from Redlands Community College where he played the last two years. The 6'6" junior forward averaged 11 points per game with 4 rebounds and 1 assist. Hinds has shot 44% from the field and 35% from three point range thus far in his collegiate career.
When asked about signing Hinds for the next two seasons, Coach Butcher commented, "KJ is a big time athlete who we are looking forward to helping us out tremendously. He can shoot the basketball really well, but he also loves the game of basketball. KJ will fit in great at UC because he is a quality individual with a great support system in his family."
Eddie Tornes, Muskegon Community College
The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Men's Basketball team had a historic season in 2015-2016, making its fourth ever run to the NAIA DI National Championship Quarterfinal round. The Patriots would finish 24-12 overall on the season, graduating seven seniors this year. Head Coach Don Butcher and his staff have hit the road hard this offseason in recruiting some of the top talent in the country. UC is happy to announce the signing to Eddie Tornes for the upcoming season.
Tornes hails from Muskegon Heights, Michigan where he previously attended Muskegon Community College for the last two years. The 6'2" junior transfer averaged 21.6 points per game last year, which ranked him 4th in the country at that level. He also averaged 7.8 rebounds and 4.1 assists per contest while making 101 three point shots (9th in the country). Over his two year career at Muskegon, he has 1,204 points.
Tornes was named a 2nd Team All-American in NJCAA Division II last season. He was the Conference Freshman of the Year award winner the season before and has been named 1st team All-Conference and 1st Team All-Region the last two seasons. His team went 24-6 last year, making it to the region finals and finished 8th this season in the final NJCAA DII poll.
When asked about signing Tornes for the next two seasons, Coach Butcher commented, "We are really excited about the addition of Eddie Tornes to our program. He can really score the ball in a variety of ways. He can score getting to the rim, but also made over 100 3's this year. Eddie had a great career at Muskegon and helped lead his class to the best two-year record in the history of their school. I think his ability as a player and his character as a person make him a great fit for the Patriot program and a great fit for our school."
- ► 2017 (133)
05/08 - 05/15
- Marcus Lee Says He's 87% Gone, But Kentucky Will G...
- EKU Adds Marlon Adams for 2016-17
- Former Boyle County PG Jeremiah Bell Adds DI Offer...
- UK Will Face Hofstra at the Barclays Center in Dec...
- Pitino Wants Louisville to Count Two 2016 Scholars...
- Lexington Spent $38,000 on Hospitality Room for Sw...
- Calipari Says Charles Matthews Still Out "Three or...
- Marion County Guard Tyler Wethington Signs With St...
- John Calipari Believes Marcus Lee Will Stay in NBA...
- Kentucky Will Host Duquesne in 2016-17
- Lindsey Wilson College to Host Four Camps This Sum...
- Warren Central's Tristen Murray Inks with Brescia ...
- JUCO Wing Demetrius Levarity Commits to Morehead S...
- Kentucky Announces Exhibition Games for 2016-17
- University of the Cumberlands Signs Eddie Tornes, ...
- Willie Cauley-Stein Will Represent Sacramento at t...
- Lindsey Wilson College Signs Three for 2016-17
- Tubby Smith Adds Saul Smith to Staff at Memphis
- Campbellsville Men's Basketball Announces Summer C...
- ▼ 05/08 - 05/15 (19)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)