Billy Gillispie's Ranger College team has been forced to forfeit all 31 wins from last season following a final ruling by the NJCAA.
The NJCAA determined forward Joshua Simmons should not have been allowed to play last season because he applied to enter the NBA draft in 2013.
Here are details from the Dallas News:
Ranger previously lost an appeal through the NJCAA executive committee. Arbitrator Nancy A. Hopf's ruling means Ranger has exhausted its appeal options.
"As a result of the arbitration hearing, the original sanctions the NJCAA placed against Ranger stand," NJCAA executive director Mark Krug stated in an email. "Their men's basketball team will be on probation for the 2016-17 seasons, which results in no postseason play. They also must forfeit all games originally identified by the NJCAA and their fourth-place finish at the 2016 NJCAA DI Men's Basketball Championship will be vacated."
In a subsequent email, Krug confirmed that the forfeited games include all 31 victories last season.
As for Gillispie, Campion said the coach took the news hard, having "poured his heart" into Ranger since he was hired as basketball coach and athletic director in April 2015.
- ► 2017 (96)
10/02 - 10/09
- Three Kentucky NAIA Teams in Sporting News Preseas...
- Asbury University is Offering a Chance to Win Tick...
- Hargrave Military Academy Guard Braxton Beverly Ta...
- Billy Gillispie's Ranger College Team Forced to Fo...
- Former Taylor County Guard David Sloan Heads to Pr...
- John Calipari Says 4-5 More Years of Coaching at K...
- Centre College to Induct Britt, Magnusson Into Ath...
- Kentucky Offers Scholarship to 2018 Point Guard Im...
- ▼ 10/02 - 10/09 (8)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)