University of the Cumberlands' Marquis Yates has been named Mid-South Conference Player of the Week.
Here's a release from the MSC:
COLUMBIA, Ky. – Cumberlands' (Ky.) Marquis Yates is the Mid-South Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week, conference officials announced on Monday.
Houchens Industries is the proud sponsor of the Mid-South Conference Player of the Week Award program. Houchens Industries was founded in 1917 and is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States with more than 18,000 corporate-wide employees.
Marquis Yates – Cumberlands (Ky.) – Sr. – Forward – Manassas, Va.
- In two games last week, Yates led Cumberlands to a 2-0 mark averaging 18.5 points and seven rebounds.
- He scored 22 points against Kentucky State to go with six rebounds, two assists, a pair of blocks and a steal as the Patriots won, 84-63.
- Yates then tallied 15 points and eight boards in a 78-65 victory over Indiana Southeast. He also recorded two steals and an assist.
- In the two games, he shot 57.9 percent from the floor and 62.5 percent from beyond the arc. Yates was 10-for-10 from the free throw line as Cumberlands sits at 11-3 on the season.
- Yates earns his first player of the week honor of the season and of his career.
- ► 2017 (133)
12/11 - 12/18
- Rick Pitino Previews EKU Game, Gives Thoughts on W...
- Kelly Wells Becomes All-Time Wins Leader at Univer...
- 2016 Kentucky Bank Challenge Tips Off Today in Row...
- Bart Williams Off to a Winning Start at Bath Count...
- Bowling Green Assistant Coach Arrested for Sexual ...
- Berea College Wins With No. 1 Play in SportsCenter...
- Vanderbilt Announces that Camron Justice is Transf...
- Bracket Announced for Lake Cumberland Holiday Hoop...
- Suspects Butt Dial 9-1-1, Discuss Robbery Plans of...
- Cumberland's Marquis Yates Named Mid-South Confere...
- ▼ 12/11 - 12/18 (10)
- ► 2015 (1684)
- ► 2014 (1843)
- ► 2013 (2343)
- ► 2012 (3128)
- ► 2011 (4626)
- ► 2010 (3990)
- ► 2009 (2417)